NEW DISCOVERIES IN AUSTRALIA
They began as just a cluster of unusual marks on a rock in the Northern Territory. However! Further digging resulted in one of the most remarable finds which will rewrite the prehistory of Australia and alter our perception of how civilization developed.
HAND ON THE ROCK THAT ROCKED CIVILIZATION.
THESE CIRCULAR ENGRAVINGS HAVE BEEN DATED AT UP TO 75,000 YEARS OLD.
1. 3,200 circular engravings on wall.
2. Engraving fallen off rock wall and buried under sediment 58,000 to 75,000 years old.
3. Layers of ochre used for rock painting.
4. Stone tool 116,000 years.
5. Another stone tool - up to 176,000 years.
This find was reported in an Australian newspaper late 1996.
All pictures courtesy of Sydney Morning Herald September 21st 1996.